With our extensive knowledge of survey and using the latest survey methods, we provide our clients with reliable highly accurate 2D/3D data, at a competitive price to meet the needs of the design team.
View Survey Example
3D Laser Scanning
Absolute Survey Ltd produce site surveys using the latest 3D laser scanner, enabling data to be recorded and processed efficiently, faster and more accurately than a survey produced by a total station.
We scan all types of large scale objects such as normal buildings, heritage sites (including but not limited to historic buildings), industrial sites and mine workings. We provide our clients with a point cloud, the rough data gathered through scanning.
The point cloud itself consists of many millions of data points is a very precise 3D model of the scanned object. Though for most applications an unprocessed point cloud is too big it can be used by software like Pointools for
- making visualizations of the object
- taking simple measurements
- comparing the actual state of the object against project objectives
Practical applications include:
- buildings and heritage sites
- industrial sites
- civil engineering applications (bridges, roads, railway junctions, etc.)
- mine works
HDS Laser Scanning is ideal for:
- Civil engineers
- Plant designers
- CAD professionals
- Forensic investigators
Cost Saving Benefits of HDS Laser Scanners:
- Lower cost as-built & topographic surveys
- Reduction or elimination of costly additional site visits
- More accurate, complete as-builds for retrofit design projects translate into better retrofit designs.
- Reduced facility downtime due to fast, unobtrusive scene capture and/or minimal field fit-up, field fabrication, and field rework thanks to accurate as-builds
Added Value Benefits of HDS Laser Scanner:
- Faster results
- Shorter project cycle times
- Better quality results
- Less ambiguity - more complete
- Higher level-of-detail
- Safer data capture
- Unobtrusive data capture